CEDC NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR COWLITZ COUNTY CARES ROUND 4 BUSINESS GRANT PROGRAM FOR BUSINESSES WHO HAVE BEEN CLOSED DUE TO THE NOVEMBER 15, 2020 STATE MANDATE IN RESPONSE TO COVID-19.
November 25, 2020, Longview, WA –The Cowlitz Economic Development Council is accepting applications for $5,000 business grants for Cowlitz County businesses that have been negatively impacted by COVID-19, specifically by the November 15, 2020 restrictions mandate for bars, restaurants, fitness facilities and gyms, bowling centers, indoor theaters, and museums.
Funding for the program is from the Cowlitz County's Coronavirus Assistance, Recovery and Economic Security (CARES) Act funds to help with COVID-19 response and recovery efforts.
Grant money can be used to assist with a variety of business expenses related to the impact of the November 15, 2020 order. The businesses will be responsible to maintain detailed records in relation to how the funding is used and can be audited at any time.
These funds are only available to businesses in Cowlitz County until funds are exhausted and applications will close at NOON on December 1, 2020. Applications will be reviewed by an independent committee.
Cowlitz County previously partnered with Cowlitz Economic Development Council to administer $3,500,000 in business emergency grants and has created this additional tranche of funding for a total of $4,000,000 in business relief funds for Cowlitz County businesses.
General Business Eligibility Requirements:
- Business must be a bar, restaurant, fitness facility or gym, bowling center, indoor theater, or museum.
- Business must be within Cowlitz County.
- Business must have been in business for at least 6 months.
- Business must be allowed to do business in Washington State.
- Business must not be federally disbarred.
- Business must be current with L&I and have a valid Tax-ID number.
Business Expense Eligibility:
- Businesses must intend to stay in business in whatever capacity they can while in compliance with state guidelines.
- Businesses must attest that all expenses applied for are connected to the COVID-19 emergency, in particular, the November 15, 2020 mandate.
- Businesses must attest that the expenses are necessary to continue business operations.
- The expenses cannot be filling a shortfall in government revenues. (i.e. taxes, licenses, state, county, federal and/or city fees).
- The business must attest that the expense is not funded by any other funder, whether private, state or federal.
- Lost revenue, lost profits, or payroll for owner(s) are ineligible.
- Businesses must attest that the expenses applied for have not previously been reimbursed or paid for by any other private or public funding. No "double-dipping".
Should you be awarded, that information will be sent via email. To help ensure delivery, please add Lindsey Cope - cope [at] cowlitzedc.com to your email contacts if you have not already done so. Applications will be accepted until NOON on December 1, 2020. Awards will be sent before December 4, 2020, and signed contracts and W9's will be due back to the CEDC no later than NOON on December 7. These grants are time-sensitive.
HOW TO APPLY:
CLICK THE LINK BELOW THAT IS BLUE. NOTE YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO MAKE CHANGES ONCE YOUR APPLICATION IS SUBMITTED. IT CANNOT BE SAVED ONCE IT HAS BEEN STARTED.
For more information or if you have any questions, please contact Lindsey Cope by email at cope [at] cowlitzedc.com or at 360.560.3286.