CEDC NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR COWLITZ COUNTY CARES BUSINESS GRANT PROGRAM
Funding available for Cowlitz County businesses to support COVID-related response and recovery
October 20, 2020, Longview, WA – The Cowlitz Economic Development Council (CEDC) is extending the deadline that we are accepting applications for emergency grants for businesses in Cowlitz County with two focuses. The first focus is for grants up to $10,000 for businesses that employ 20 or less. The second focus is for grants for up to $50,000 for businesses that employ between 21 and 100 with a focus on construction, industrial, and manufacturing sectors. Each grant focus has a total of $500,000 in available funding. We encourage all businesses within the above employment parameters to apply.
Grant money can be used to assist with a variety of business expenses related to the impact from COVID-19 and priority is given to businesses that have received less than $5,000 in rental relief programs, Working Washington Small Business Grants, and Cowlitz County CARES funding. Additionally, we will be focusing on retention, growth, and diversification of business through the COVID-19 crisis.
These funds are only available to businesses in Cowlitz County until funds are exhausted and applications will close at 5:00 PM on October 26, 2020. Applications will be reviewed by an independent committee.
Funding for this program is from the Cowlitz County government through their federal Coronavirus Assistance, Recovery and Economic Security (CARES) Act funds to help with COVID-19 response and recovery efforts across Washington State.
Cowlitz County previously partnered with Cowlitz Economic Development Council to administer $2,000,000 in small business emergency grants and has created this additional tranche of funding for a total of $3,000,000 in business relief funds for Cowlitz County.
General Business Eligibility Requirements:
- Business must be within Cowlitz County.
- Business must have been in business for at least 6 months.
- Business must be allowed to do business in Washington State.
- Business must not be federally disbarred.
- Business must be current with L&I and have a valid Tax-ID number.
Business Expense Eligibility:
- Businesses must attest that all expenses applied for are connected to the COVID-19 emergency.
- Businesses must attest that the expenses are necessary to continue business operations.
- The expenses cannot be filling a shortfall in government revenues. (i.e. taxes, licenses, state, county, federal and/or city fees).
- The business must attest that the expense is not funded by any other funder, whether private, state or federal.
- Lost revenue, lost profits, or payroll for owner(s) are ineligible.
- Businesses must attest that the expenses applied for have not previously been reimbursed or paid for by any other private or public funding. No "double-dipping".
HOW TO APPLY:
CLICK THE LINK BELOW THAT IS BLUE. NOTE YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO MAKE CHANGES ONCE YOUR APPLICATION IS SUBMITTED. IT CANNOT BE SAVED ONCE IT HAS BEEN STARTED.
For more information or if you have any questions, please contact Lindsey Cope by email at cope [at] cowlitzedc.com or at 360.560.3286.